Friday, June 07, 2024

Hero Forge Dark Fantasy X PCs

I don't know why I didn't do this until now, but here are the four PCs from my players; my son, my daughter, my son-in-law and my daughter-in-law. The game hasn't happened in a while, and now the wife and I are relocating several states over. I hope to actually kickstart it back to life online, though, and maybe creating these character portraits will help. If not, I'll turn them into iconics, because I kind of like how they all turned out.

First, the girls. My daughter-in-law's character sheet was on the top of the stack, so let's do her first. She described Faye Findayne as a tall, pale-skinned scholarly and sneaky girl with long auburn hair. (The freckles were my own touch; I've known too many red-headed freckled girls, I guess.) She carries a bow, so I gave her a nice big elven-style longbow. (Not that there are elves in Dark Fantasy X; except as antagonists in the deepest forests.)


Next, my son's character is the one who took Shule as a contact, which opened up the possibility of orc and goblins as a starting PC race. He made an orc; described as a young and relatively handsome one, but with a bounty hunter and underworld set of connections. I think he imagined "bounty hunter" like Boba Fett or Cad Bane; a villainous character, or at least a pretty dark anti-hero. He's also got the Shadow Sword class feature, although he describes his "sword" as actually a big ax. His name is Kazar.


My daughter's character is Aelin Galathynius, a tall thin blonde with a long braid and violet-colored eyes. and a small triangular scar on her forehead (which I had a hard time getting to render satisfactorily.) Faye is an orphan, whereas Aelin comes from a wealthy family, but she's a bit alienated from them and is therefore a "strong independent woman." Which I say facetiously. My daughter isn't a woke idiot. But her character is a little unusual; Aelin Galathynius, which I guess can maybe pass muster as a Welshish name and therefore part of the Hill Country ouevre.


Finally, my son-in-law made a kind of middle-aged PTSD supernatural hunter who'd been traumatized by the supernatural (if I remember right, it killed his family when he was younger.) He imagined him kind of like Hopper from Stranger Things, at least in the sense that he's a kind of dark, cynical guy who's past his prime, and has a bit of a "dad bod". Tharlex Amos is his name. He's also a shadow sword, and has three parallel scars that run through his eye, which is missing and covered with a patch. Luckly, Hero Forge has exactly the scar I need without having to scramble to make it work. In the end, I don't think my interpretation of his character necessarily looked like Hopper, but my son-in-law says this looks even better than he imagined him, so I guess that's a win.


And here they are with the filters I'm using now to make my youtube stills.






No comments: