Sunday, June 09, 2024

Elemental Fantasy X characters

For the heckuvit, I made two Heroes heroes as Hero Forge models. The first is Solmyr, via ensrick's modification of his look from Heroes of Might & Magic III and the second is Mandigal from Heroes of Might & Magic II. There is a fan wiki that suggests Mandigal is actually a vampire, but for my money, he just looks so funky because he's a Wizard, and Wizards are weird and magical.

Yes, I realize that the ensrick version with the turban makes him look more like Thane, but the rainbow hair Solmyr always was pretty stupid.

The ensrick version, which is the one I'm basing my version on.

The Heroes IV version of the character.
..
The original Heroes III version of the character.

Shiny because of the lightning in his hand right next to his face. See below.

The full version. Because Solmyr is famous for his Chain Lightning, I had to have lightning in his hand.

Mandigal's portrait from Heroes II

I don't know if he's supposed to be a vampire or not in Heroes, but he won't be in Elemental Fantasy X.

Full body Mandigal

Cliffgate will be my "Sharn"-like city name. I'm thinking about drawing out a draft sketchy map of the EFX setting. I know that's not a super brilliant name, but most names in the real world are either taken from the completely foreign language of whomever used to live there before, or they're prosaic. And if you translate the original old language names, they're usually prosaic too. The Mississippi is from an Ojibwe word that just means "great river" for instance.

And for some NPCs, I'll just use characters from Heroes III mostly, with an occasional Heroes II guy thrown in like Mandigal.

I'm not going to try and make it too Heroes III. It's just vaguely inspired by Heroes III and I'll have a few PC races that represent some of the Hero races in the game. It'll be at least as inspired by Eberron, and I've already drawn parallels between various Eberron nations and the Heroes III factions, which I'll be blending and remixing to come up with something new.

No comments: