The Slayer class is a kind of hybrid of the rogue and the ranger, and in practice, plays out a bit like a ranged attack focused assassin. Zadim is the iconic slayer, and he's literally a Middle Eastern religious cult assassin, which is perhaps not the most interesting use of the class, honestly.
I like the idea of the class immensely, but I'm very much a confirmed fan of the idea of alt.rangers, alt.rogues, and other alt.fighter in general that lean towards assassin or swashbuckler. I think the Freeport class (for Pathfinder) called Freebooter is probably my favorite, but the Slayer is a good one.
Of course, I don't particularly love Zadim himself. I get it; going for the original hashassin cult vibe, but I'd never create one like that.
Still, it's hard to complain too much. The class is too good.Sadly, or not because I have no interest in playing it, but the Slayer was not ported to 2e, although Zadim came on board as the iconc Avenger or something like that. Whatever, 2e.
No comments:
Post a Comment