I've been busy as normal, but I finished reading the adventure portion of Princes of the Apocalypse. There are two chapters left, the first of which is 40 pages of side quests and optional things to do, including (strangely) a level 1-2 introduction (for some reason, the campaign itself begins at 3rd level), and then a page of NPC stats, magic items, and other mechanic gewgaws—for lack of a better word—associated with the module, since they didn't include any of that in the module itself but stuck it in the end. There's also a few appendices, but they look pretty short and include rules for genasi, for instance, as a PC race. So, it's not done done, but it's done; I've read the campaign itself, now it's just the supplemental chapters at the end. I'll finish it for sure in the next few days. I'm also not going to do my supercut of the Cult of Undeath most likely until the weekend, so I'll have to do it then. But I'm determined to do it this weekend. Cult of Undeath is really my first major radical reimagining of a whole adventure path into something that I could actually run and enjoy running, and although it's not quite the most developed, that really is more just a question of me assembling the material that I've already got and making sure that it all lines up. Darkness in the Hill Country, the previously completed one, isn't one that I'm favoring running right now, at least not for my current group, if actually running a new campaign is in the cards. Which isn't a given. I'm playing in a campaign that isn't going to end. There's a lot of overlap between that group and another group that I don't actually belong to, but the DM is moving out of state, and exactly what's going to happen to that group is TBD. They're making comments about trying to continue the campaign online, but honestly, I'm skeptical that that will really work out.
I'm also skeptical about running for this group at all, but I have done a one-shot for them in the past, and there are already vague comments from some of them about trying to get me to slide into the place of the outgoing DM is need me. There was even talk of me continuing his campaign, but there's no way I'm doing that.
Anyway, no need to borrow trouble. Whatever happens here is TBD. I may end up just running a somewhat off-week campaign when the first group isn't able to assemble, since two of the players are pretty reliable and two of them are less so. Lately, though, I've been one of the less reliable ones, so who knows. We're talking about playing next week, so we'll get back on track I think and I'll know more then.
In the meantime, here's a few more Kimnor images I've generated. I'm now using three different generative AIs, both because I'm not paying for them, so I run out of images I can generate, and because I just want to see how they differ in what they offer. It's always a crapshoot if I'll get something useable or not, so having more options is always good.
These three came from Nano Banana 2 and show him in a more rogue-like outfit. I'm especially happy with how the shadow sword came out. The next ones are from Grok. In a slightly neater and slightly messier alternate.





No comments:
Post a Comment