I don't like to just post AI generated images, but sometimes they can be useful as a kind of meme.
Top image is what I want my fantasy gaming to look like.
Below that it what 5e offers.
That, more than anything, adequately, I think, explains my biggest dissatisfaction with 5e and D&D in general. 5.5 was absolutely a bridge too far, although they'd already gone many bridges too far honestly before that even happened. But with 5e, I know for sure that I'll never have any interest in D&D again, except reluctantly because I'm playing with other people who were already playing D&D.
It's just gotten silly. And no, Dark Sun isn't going to win me back. Having it have ridiculous, over-the-top violence like Fist of the North Star where girlbosses punch straight white males in the face and cause them to explode, curated by sensitivity readers to make sure that it's Lindsay Clancy friendly and still hews to the dying Diversity, Inc. trend is literally the opposite message of what I want from D&D.


No comments:
Post a Comment