Sunday, September 08, 2024

1492 Quadrata lim vs JSL Blackletter

Sorry for the lack of attention; but on the other hand, I've made a number of new setting related YouTube posts.

But I've also been playing around with fonts and banners again a bit. One of the things that I mentioned earlier was that while JSL Blackletter has become quite common in the indie and DIY RPG space because it was used for the logos of Labyrinth Lord and ShadowDark, I prefer the similar yet slightly different 1492 Quadrata lim, just because while it is pretty similar, it's not exactly the same.

Then, I found where I'd on a whim downloaded the ShadowDark creator's kit. This has the following banner (in both black and white, but I'll only show the one because it'll show up on this screen better, unless you're doing something funky with your display). It's in the JSL Blackletter font. I erased the font portion and retyped it in 1492 Quadrata lim, just so you can easily compare the two.


As is normally the case in two similar but noticeably different fonts, there are some letters that I like better in one and some in another. I wish I could somehow cherry-pick them, but that requires more effort to do than I think is worth it.

No comments: