Thursday, March 28, 2024

Once again on the road

Traveling for a long weekend for a wedding out of state. I wish that I could spend some time while out West in the Rockies hiking or sightseeing with outdoor sites, but I won't have any time. Friday and Monday will be mostly traveling, Saturday will be the wedding, and Sunday will be Easter Sunday. That's all she wrote. Not exactly the most relaxing long weekend, and as I'm coming off of a several weeks, if not even several months, of absolutely exhausting, tedious, difficult and toxic stuff going on at work, I really need a break... that I seem to never be able to actually get. It's catching up to me, and I'm starting to really be unhappy with work, and to a certain degree, because work takes up so much of my time, with life in general. I need a break pretty desperately, but it's hard to get one at my current job. I'm also interviewing with someone else right now, but because it will require relocation to a place that's more expensive, because I'll lose my employee car lease, and because if I relocate that'll leave my other son and his family who are living with us temporarily (but realistically, for quite a while longer) high and dry, I have to honestly assess that it will be difficult for them to make me an offer that will make the math work out favorably for me. Even if I would love the job—honestly, I doubt that I'd love it. But I hope not to hate it and be constantly frustrated by it like I kind of am lately with my current job. 

The good news for me is that although I'm not actively looking for a job, I pretty routinely get tapped to interview. This hasn't worked out yet, but it takes time to find a really good job, and when I have a job which I don't like, but which does a pretty fair job of paying the bills, I've got time to get it right. I really hope I don't end up retiring from my current job in 15-20 years, because I really don't want to be stuck doing it that long, but we'll see, I suppose. There are worse things than that, if it comes down to it.

Anyway, my fleeting hobby time has been spent lately with SWTOR, as any readers have no doubt noticed, if there were any readers, not Dark Fantasy X, but I'm always keeping both Dark Fantasy X and Space Opera X in the back of my mind, just in case. One thing that I will do on this trip is take my journal with me where I keep notes for potential games and stories. I'm actually kind of excited about this, although it's not something that I spend much time on. But I'd like to, and being away from my computer for four days is a good opportunity to spend some time with my earbuds in, thinking about Dark Fantasy X and Space Opera X and where, if anywhere, I'm going with them.

Anyway, this isn't exactly where I'm going to be out West, but it's close enough, and if I somehow, I dunno, won the lottery or whatever, here's one contender for where I'd end up.



No comments: